Thursday, August 19, 2010

Bonjour mes amies



Please join me for a delicious sumptuous,mouth watering breakfast with some dessert.

Here we go: A friend just sent a word that makes me jump in my spirit.It is PSALM 3v5 speaking thus "I lay down and slept.I woke up in safety, for the LORD was watching over me". Just last night, i shared with my brother and friend Anie that we take sleeping and waking up for granted, we forget we fall asleep and awake by FAITH.Science has no hand in this abilities save the LORD. Some actually go to rest (die)in their sleep but we are privileged to hear one programmed and mechanical human-invented alarm wake us up.We forget that God is the originator of sleep and waking up.We kinda depend on the alarm or we trust people to wake us up and we seldom think we sleep and wake by our volition.On the contrary, a bed side alarm helps 'cos i have one in my phone(ha ha) but I believe the LORD jostles us to our feet after watching over our almost lifeless bodies through the night. If we assign the duties to Him, God will wake us anytime we ask him to. Scriptures say;

"He that WATCHES over us neither sleeps nor slumbers"

He does the job of a night watchman though in His case, he never drifts off or does a shift job.God does not get tired of looking after a million people all at the same time.He will never call up Gabriel or any angel to take over duties from HIM.He is always PRESENT and GOD is not weary of watching over us,remember He has time in his hands.HE is TIME,he is not bound by human numberings....A million days is like one day to HIM. God is sovereign!
So the next time Satan comes rattling your sleep and making you afraid of the day, ALWAYS remember that the LORD sets your lying down and he orders your waking up.The Lord is your watchman not the "mai-guard" and "ete-watchee" at your gate.

Be ASSURED he is a wall round about you though a mob arises to attack you-he conquers the insurgence mounted against you and he shatters their handicraft.

He OMNIPOTENT and he will NEVER fail in his duties because HE IS SAFETY,he is all things at all times amen.

Bon appetite mes amies.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You know you are right. He that neither sleeps nor slumber watches over us. I think I remeber sometime ago that I woke up without alarm and I wanted to go back to sleep and I heard "a little sleep, a little slumber, so shall thy poverty come ...". God surely watches over us and our trust should not be in man's security. God bless you for sharing.