Wednesday, August 25, 2010

MY OWN GOD


Everyday I wake up wondering how man exists without God.
I mean a close knitted intimate and romantic, loving God?
I imagine how I’d walk thro the lane of a lonely life without Him?
He is my rising up, my breath, my prayer and my song.
He is my teeth when I brush at dawn, my clothes, my food and my water.
He is my Life, my Lord, my Savior and my doctrine.
He is my inspiration, my gist partner, my workbook, my opinion and my final WORD.

I call Him my kinsman redeemer, my overall “Husby”- the Husband of the wonderfully adorned bride- The Church-
On my office desk He’s my companion, my hands and my feet, my ears and mouth;
He’s all the wisdom, knowledge and understanding for the day’s task,
And only He can take my “shit”.
What a GOD! So adorable that only few words of mine can express His person.
I call Him my righteousness and my peace in a world of turbulence and incessant sorrow.
He is the sun in my horizon,
He’s the star that leads and guides me through the dark night.
He is in me as I am in Him.
He is my Glory, my rest and the lifter of my head.
I go to sleep knowing He’s my bed, my pillow, my blanket, my Watchman and my All.
What a God and a Lover he is to me.

5 comments:

Tolulope Popoola said...

Hi! I love this post. I too wonder how people have any sense of purpose, security or direction in their lives without God! I mean, I feel empty if I haven't prayed for three days, imagine going through life everyday feeling like that? God is a HUGE part in my life, in fact He is my everything :)

PS: Thank you for your lovely comments on my blogs, really appreciate them! I'll be back!

enybees-hub said...

Hey Favored Girl(Tolu),am smiling at your comment and I feel so good following you.My bosom friend told me about you and i googled to get you to no avail.Finally,God led me thro Jaycee and I AM SO HONORED AND ELATED.Maybe "star-struck" ha-ha!!!I am following your book "In my dreams..."...Its wonderful that i can not get off my seat.

Thanks a lot,i have loads to learn from you and believe me i will learn from you :))

Rainyjoy said...

wow ! i enjoyed reading this and i couldn't stop laughing at this particular line 'And only He can take my “shit” , lol ! as funny as it sounds, God is the only One who can tolerate our sillyness and nonsense attitude. No wonder He is slow to anger, am glad He is, phew !

in all,there is nothing like having the ability to express what we think we feel for God, for He is even greater than what we call Him.

thanks for the comments you left in my post. i appreciate :)
keep your love for Him real and undiluted.
love, rainyjoy

enybees-hub said...

Thanks alot Rainyjoy,God gets really interesting by the day...meaning he is no boring religious idea formed by men.
Will keep following yours,you're a great writer too :))

enybees-hub said...

Oh no favoredgirl,my bosom friend is your fan but you do not know him :).Thanks for writing and inspiring us,God bless you!