Friday, August 20, 2010

TEACH ME TO LOVE...



...The one who hurt me a fortnight ago,
And to forgive the old coot that striped my heart bare leaving me in the pond of shame.
Teach me to bury the age old hatchet against my flesh and blood and
And to not hold unto the ideologies I grew up with.
Help me to hug my papa, mama and oldies and truly mean the warmth
Take away the curse lining my lips and wipe the abuses on the tip of my tongue
Just waiting to fall on my old lovers.

Help me,
To lay aside the sardonic smiles I received from childhood; to forget the spanks, smacks-
And all the missiles released on our generation.
Teach me how to love even when I hear sarcastic and spiteful words.
Help me build the walls of real care and deep concern.
Clean up my murky well, for in there exist bitterness, strife and past wounds.
Tidy me up and adorn me with a new heart for a Judas, a Thomas and a Saul
Make me a heart of a Savior and Lord.
Make me the Lover, to extend the fellowship of selfless, heartfelt romantic service to men and brethren; to truly look out for the hurting, to ease burdened hearts, without condemning them.
Give me grace to love my brethren, buddies and oldies always bearing it in mind;
“Offenses" shall surely come, man is fallible hence expect his imperfections and disappointments,
but to hope only in the Infallible- Providence”

No comments: