Friday, July 1, 2011

In all things, GIVE THANKS

On the 22nd of June, God kept nudging ‎​​me to thank Him. I clearly heard him say to ‎​​me; "In all things, give thanks"... The situation I found myself at that time was that of deprivation, depression,loss in my growing business,some lack of money etc. I could neither cry nor was I allowed to remain sad.

I came back ‎​​home from my regular supply, abit drained and so exhausted. I didn't have a sound sleep the previous night because I thought of the supplies(anxiety you'd call it ,mschew). I woke up by 4am to prepare the fruits, and on my way to Victoria Island with my sister, rain started pouring "lions and bears". My dear sister had driven to a point so we could hop on the BRT(Bus Road Transit) because she foresaw a traffic. We stayed in traffic over an hour thirty minutes, went into flooded Victoria Island and I practically swam to get to my destination. I boarded an "okada"(motorcycle) with a cooler, an Umbrella and my handbag to my first pot of call to drop their order. Then I set out for another place, folded up my trousers so I could "swim" through the almost knee length river. I suddenly felt deflated,humbled and ALONE. But in all, I kept giving God thanks.

I got ‎​​home later that evening and fell on my bed struggling to keep a grateful heart before the Lord. I stretched out and gave THANKS. I just didn't let the devourer and Father of lies to keep ‎​​me in despair. Frankly, that day was a bad day but I kept chanting; "In all things, give thanks..."
I can't say I wasn't disappointed and at a loss but what could I do than give thanks for EVERYTHING he's being doing for ‎​​me? That day, I told the Lord to bless my effort and bless my days of little beginning, make my job excellent and anoint ‎​​me to do exploit in the market place.

Today being the 1st of July, I ​​​am giving thanks again singing;

"He's been good Oh he's been good,
He's been good so good to His people.
Praise the Lord Oh praise the Lord;
Let everything that has BREATH praise the Lord"

This 1st day in July, I'm ​eternally grateful that neither death nor life,loss, persecution nor troubles in this present world can stop ‎​​me from praising my God. I ​​​am so glad that my eyes have seen today and my family and friends have crossed over into the second half of the ‎​γεαr, Praise the Lord.

Though the losses of previous weeks have been added to my experiences in life,they've helped ‎​​me grow and have opened my eyes to greater opportunities. I still praise the Lord.

In the words of a certain musician I sing again;

"If I had ten thousand tongues, I'll sing your praises with everyone. I surrender my heart,in your complete control. You have my commitment to love ‎​you ever more."

I ​​​am indeed overwhelmed by His mercy,I'm so blessed today knowing He's in charge and always concerned about all-he's a very detailed Father- the affairs of my life. So I praise Him for the six months ahead of ‎​​me.

‎​So people, join ‎​​me to PRAISE THE LORD!

28 comments:

@ilola said...

We thank God for everything, especially for the gift of life. Not everyone has the opportunity to thank God

DiDi said...

Once we have life & Good Health,we just have to give thanks to GOD. Happy New Month. :)

omoba-adeteju! said...

I AM JOINING YOU IN GIVING THANKS TO THE ONE WHO WHO DESERVES IT,SIS...

As I read through your story, all that came to mind was that "you should be thankful and grateful for the days of little beginnings..., also, thank God that you have a business and a work, that same day you went through a hectic day, somebody somewhere must have been praying to God for a better job or for a job."

When I am getting dressed for work in the morning, at times I do it reluctantly but once I remind myself that some people do not have a job to go to in the mornings, I snap out of my reluctance and begin to give thanks to God for giving me a job.

I love that scripture that says we should give thanks in all things....as we begin the second half of this year, let's be ready to go on a PRAISE GALORE and i am confident that therein, lies our testimonies...

HAPPIE NU MONTH SIS!!!

enybees-hub said...

@tilola my dear the rate at which people die these days makes ‎​​me see how undeserving I ​​​am to live yet I live. Thank God

@DIDI happy new month bro and praise God for all things ;). Will add your blog now :D

@ Omoba, ‎​you have said it all. The joy of living is to praise God always. Bless ‎​you sister and ‎​[τ̲̅н̲̅a̲̅nκ̲̅ ч̲̅o̲̅u̲̅] for your word :)

Anonymous said...

I am humbled and inspired by your post. And I agree with omoba-adeteju not to despise the days of humble beginnings.

I thank God for your life and on your behalf. Big big hugs.

Anonymous said...

And I bless the name of the Lord. I join in in singing Praise the Lord for the coming six months, months of open doors, favour, fruitfulness and blessings.

Jennifer A. said...

I love this post, and I am overwhelmed by His mercy too. This reminds me of when I would get wet while trying to take the bus. I will sing praises to God for providing me with a car last year :)

os said...

God bless you for this post. Indeed, in all things, we should give thanks. There may be situations around that look daunting but there is always a ray of hope in God to be thankful for.

enybees-hub said...

@ MOH...oh i am very lifted by your comment which i had to read again and again, lol. Thank you so much and God bless you.

@ Jaycee, i "tap" (haha)into the gift of having my own car oh while remaining thankful:D

@ OS AMEN and i agree with you. They may look daunting today but they lead to God's place of rest for us. Thank God and thank you.

Gbemisoke said...

hmmmm...
I can identify with this post so much, I have tears in my eyes.

When I just started my business in '05, I would ride on okada from office to office in VI, taking measurements and orders from clients who wanted to have their clothes sewn and delivering clothes. I had just lost my father and spent all my savings on his hospital bills. It was hard.

One day in front of TFC on Oyin Jolayemi, I fell off a bike, the clothes I had made and was on my way to deliver scattered everywhere. I got home that night and cried to God on my bed. "You said you love me, I don't have anyone else but You. how long will you watch me suffer like this?" I was discouraged. He told me that day to trust Him.

Fast forward several years later, I can look back and tell you that of a truth, His promises are Yes and Amen. My life is not free from challenges, but I can tell you for sure, that God ALWAYS comes through. He has surprised me and He still does.
Thank you for reminding me to stay thankful.
xxx

stelzz said...

I join you in thanking God for your life and the remaining six months of the year. Your post reminded me of some challenges I have gone through too and how God in his mercies delivered me from all. Truth is, life is not devoid of challenges but God is always faithful. This is just the beginning of great things for you and one day you will look back and appreciate where you have come from..Thank God for life and his mercies and faithfulness

enybees-hub said...

Hmm GBEMI, hmm...you just won my heart and thank God i posted this so all this comments and yours will uplift me.
I am so blessed by yours Gbemi and thank you. God won't forsake nor leave us amen.

@ Stelzz, yes life isn't devoid of challenges and in this lies our praise.Thank you so much....

Berry said...

God is good and his mercy endureth forever. I so relate to your post. This past week has been drenching week for me. I should even post the photos as people post their planking pictures, but God is too good and I know that in time, all things will be made beautiful.

Emeka Amakeze said...

"If I had ten thousand tongues, I'll sing your
praises with everyone. I surrender my heart,in
your complete control. You have my commitment to love you ever more."

I will always praise the Lord!. I surrender my heart,in
your complete control. You have my commitment to love you ever more."

I will always praise the Lord!

Anonymous said...

I join you to rejoice & give thanks...as long as we are alive to see yet another dawn, lets give thanks..atimes it is not easy when one is facing an empty pocket or pot...I THANK YOU LORD FOR THE STRENGTH TO STILL PRAISE YOU, NO MATTER THE SITUATION, FOR IT'S NOT BY OUR POWER OR MIGHT, BUT BY THY GRACE & MERCY...WE THANK THEE.

Blogoratti said...

Great and inspiring post...thanks for sharing*

enybees-hub said...

@ Berry smh* pls what's all this planking about lol ?
Anyway we so bless the name of the Lord

@ Emeka truly that song is so awesome ‎​[τ̲̅н̲̅a̲̅nκ̲̅ ч̲̅o̲̅u̲̅] for stopping by

@Ibhade how are your parents? Thank God for them too oh. Thanks for reading

@Blogorrati I hope I got your name right, thank ‎​you for reading mine ;)

Chizzy D said...

aww beautiful post. When i sit and reflect on how much my God, my father, my best friend has done for me..hey..tears ooo!!

Unknown said...

And oh, I love this. NO wonder yoruba says, "only those that knows how to think deep can give thanks". For His mercies, goodness and grace, He is worthy of our thanks. Even when it appears things are 'small' today... we should not quit giving thanks.

- LDP

Highly Favored said...

"In all our way accknowledge HIM and He WILL direct our paths"

"The race is not for the swift or the strong BUT for those who endure to the end."

Be encouraged my friend.

ChicBrie said...

I had to follow! I love your blog!
God Bless!
~Crystal

www.churchgirlchic.blogspot.com

enybees-hub said...

@ Chizzy D our lives are a constant testimony, give thanks to Him who makes the happen

@ LDP that's a DEEP proverb, thanks for encouraging ‎​​me

@ Triumphant wow,I'm deeply moved by your comment. Thank you

enybees-hub said...

Thank ‎​you CRYSTAL, I ​​​am following yours as well.

Unknown said...

Life is a precious gift and as long as we all have life we must keep thanking God

Nightingale said...

Everytime, Sadness wants to creep into my heart.. I am always reminded that there are a million and one people in the world who would happily exchange their life with mine.. even with all the troubles i claim to have.

Just the above thought lifts my spirit to a place of total praise and worship... Cos at that moment.. I realise he has been more than faithful:)

Thanks for your post.. So Truee.. " In all things... Give thanks:)

enybees-hub said...

Thanks Nightingale GOD BLESS for your comment too

Unknown said...

Honestly! We can't give thanks enough- for EVERYTHING

Adiya
Muse Origins (formerly The Corner Shop)
Muse Origins

toun anjous said...

Just seeing this Eno! Really inspiring. Keep it coming!